Cost, Revenue, and Profit with forecast:
All cost and revenue variables below can be changed for what-if analysis. The figures will automatically reflect the changes.
Weight gain per day per lamb in the next 4 weeks:
1. Default values are based on OMAFRA sheep budget.
2. assumed death loss occurs near end of feeding period.
3. If lambs are not pastured before entering feedlot, then enter same number that is in Start Weight box.
4. Market weights adjusted for 6% shrink.
5. Assumed tags applied when animals leave farm of origin.
6. Includes 1/2 feed cost plus other variable cost less marketing(+ transportation & checkoff) costs.
7. Interest Calculation includes all variable costs less marketing(+ transportation & checkoff) costs and purchase cost of lambs.
8. In forecast for the next four weeks, feed cost for the next n weeks = feed cost per day * n * 7.